Sunday, September 7, 2008

Palin Mania

First of all let me say that I am not afraid to admit when I am wrong. Last week in my posting titled, America a Land of Promise, I mentioned that I wasn’t expecting anything special from the Republican National Convention and that it would be a show just like the DNC was. For the most part, it was. That was until Mrs. Sarah Palin took the podium on Wednesday night. I listened to the hype leading up to her speech all the talking heads saying that she needed to hit a home run with her speech or she was dead in the water. I felt that I would give her a chance to present her position and then I would judge her. I must admit that I knew very little about her other than that she was for domestic drilling and I liked that. I didn’t see all of her speech because I was busy preparing a surprise for my wife, but when I sat down and began to listen, I could not believe my ears. For the first time I felt I was listening to sincerity from a politician. I could connect with her as a parent and as an American. I felt a sense of pride in the Republican Party that I have not felt since, dare I say it, my personal hero Ronald Reagan. I sensed in her a person who loves her Country and wants to see it be better than it has become due to petty politicians playing their games with the American people. Now I could not take seriously the remarks given about Senator McCain, but I could overlook that and see her for what she is. If we ever have a female president, I can see her in that role.

Since she took the stage in St. Paul Mrs. Palin has become an overnight sensation. People are coming out to see her and instead of shouting out support for McCain, they are shouting, “Sarah, Sarah, Sarah!” I overheard someone say that by calling her by her first name it shows that people are already comfortable with her and feel that they can relate to her as a friend and as an equal. Did Johnny boy know that she would run away with the crowd? I don’t think he or his staff ever anticipated this type of reaction from the Republican base. Republicans have been craving someone like this since Reagan, someone who isn’t afraid to be the bulldog as she is being referred to. Someone who can look at America and see what they see, a shining city on a hill, and who loves their family and their Nation. I admit it, John didn’t have my full support and yes I was going to vote for him just because I felt that B.O. was bad for this Country. But now that Sarah Palin is on the ticket, I don’t feel too worried about voting for him. Now, I don’t expect that she will have as big an influence on him as say Mr. Cheney with President Bush, but I do feel that she will add balance to that ticket. And in four years if McCain has enough sense to step down and retire, perhaps we will be shouting Palin-Romney?

Who knows what lies ahead for this Nation, all I know is that we as a Nation must stand up for our Freedoms and our Liberties and defend them with our all. As for now I will join the crowds in shouting “Sarah, Sarah, Sarah!” I will continue to raise my voice in defense of my Country. I will continue to try and make people aware of the importance of The Constitution of The United States of America. We must unite in our support of this Nation regardless of political affiliation. Politics is secondary, our Nation is First and we as a people must begin to understand this or perish as a Nation. God bless America and its People. May He who is the creator and author of our freedoms protect our Nation in these perilous times against those enemies both foreign and domestic who wish to weaken our Nation and its resolve. May we through the grace of God be permitted to see the continued strengthening of our Nation and the further establishment of its people as a good people and entrenched in faith in God, Country and Family. May we be a Nation United!

3 comments:

Mom in Orem said...

I agree about Palin. I was impressed by her sincerety. The press is calling it politcal genious on McCain's part. Like you, she is uniting the Republicans, the conservatives, and many other God fearing people that have not been too crazy about McCain himself.

I hope she and her family can withstand the persecution that is being heaped upon them by our liberal press.

Is your blog only for the purposes of Nation United? If so consider starting one for your family too!

Mandos said...

Al, I love reading your articles. Thanks you for sharing them!
Have you ever thought of politics? You would be great!

Marnie said...

I am also impressed with Palin, but there is one thing that really bothers me about her as a candidate. I am bothered by the fact that she has a four month old son at home and she is out on the political trail. I think she should be home being a mom - not to say that she is not suited for politics, but I think it is bad timing. I do think she helps balance out McCain.