Monday, February 9, 2009

Spending "US" into the Black?

I've spent some time reading over the first 150 pages of the "stimulus" bill that Obama is pushing as well as the Democrats in the House and Senate, and I must say I am very impressed. I calculated well over $100 Billion in spending with no jobs creation whatsoever. The interesting thing about that is that this is being sold as an immediate remedy for the ills of the economy which will put people back to work and create jobs. It creates a lot of new Grant programs and appropriates money for rural housing and other loan programs, and some subsidies for rural power development, which won't create jobs, just help those companies involved with rural power development.

I skipped ahead to the mid 500's and then the 700's and I saw some incentives for companies already in the business of making alternative fuel cars, which I guess could be loosely conceived as a method of creating jobs, but that money is not available until 2011.

As far as I can tell the over 750 pages of spending doesn't really do anything to help America today. I am unable to support such nonsense and I encourage everybody within the sound of my voice (or within view of this article) to quickly notify your congressman or senator of your displeasure with this. I heard that our legislatures in DC are being inundated with opposition 100:1 to this bill, but that the Democrats will pass it anyway. Spending more money never helped anybody avoid economic disaster, and it won't help US (The United States).

No comments: