Sunday, September 7, 2008

America: A Promised Land

Lately I’ve tried to understand the whole political process that we are undergoing here in the United States of America. I watch the politicians play their games with the American People, and sit in awe as they weave their webs of lies and deceits. I tried to have an open mind and watch the Democratic National Convention, but became so disgusted after three minutes of nonsense that I had to turn it off. I have a hard time swallowing the drivel being peddled by these ingrates that I can’t stand to give them any more time than I possibly can stomach. Don’t get me wrong I am expecting the same from the Republicans next week. Politics has become a theatrical production. Each actor playing his or her part delivering their lines as rehearsed, but the words are meaningless because they don’t believe. They say what they think their given audience wants to hear. As of yet nobody has been able to deliver the message that I want to hear, the message of a great and wonderful America, a message of unity and strength. Where is the pride in our Nation, it is almost as if the Republicans don’t want to say America is great too loudly because the Democrats have “succeeded” in their design to malign this country and equate it with the likes of Nazi Germany or the Roman Republic. So patriotism can only be expressed to a certain limit so as not to offend with jingoistic expressions of Patriotism. God forbid that we should say that America is a great and promised land.

I’ve stopped waiting for this to happen. The politicians will continue to play their games with the American People. Our Nation will continue to look to the government for the answers forgetting that our Constitution was established so as not to give government the power to come up with the answers, but to give us the Citizens of this Nation the power to decide what direction our Nation should go. Current poles show that a majority of Americans believe that we should no longer hold back drilling off the coast of America and within ANWR. Yet, our beloved Congress has refused to vote on this issue. Nancy Pelosi has made comments stating that she can’t move on emotion, but she has to protect the world. I am sorry, I must be ignorant because I fail to see where in her oath of office does it say that her duty as a Congresswoman and Speaker of the House to protect the world. I also fail to understand what part of “protect and defend the Constitution of the United States”, she doesn’t understand. Now, I’ve said it before and I will say it again and I will continue to say it until I am blue in the face or until this country begins to understand. The Constitution of the United States of America grants the power to the people and the people in turn delegate the power to two of the three branches of government (the third being the Judicial which consists of appointed individuals). The government is beholden to the people and if the people say drill, then the government should say, “yes sir, yes sir” all the way to the oil fields. Yet we hear rhetoric like “you can’t drill yourself out of this one”, “I have to protect the world”, “drilling now would not produce immediate results to alleviate the situation.” What a bunch of hogwash. I put America first, I put the interest of this people first, I put freedom first. A good friend of mine recently wrote a paper explaining his reasoning behind his belief of a worldwide conspiracy against freedom and liberty. I agree with him wholeheartedly. His premise was based upon that fact that America is in nature good and Satan hates all that is good and therefore leads the efforts of nations, groups and individuals against the further establishment of freedom and liberty in America and in other lands. In the Bible, within the Book of Isaiah, the second chapter, third verse, we read “and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.” This is again reiterated in the Book of Micah 4:2. The law referred to here is the law of freedom established by our Constitution. This land is the land of Zion referred to in the scriptures, from this Great Country, this bastion of freedom and liberty should and will go forth freedom and liberty to all people of the world and most especially to this country first. We might suffer a few set backs and Satan will rage against everything good, but we will prevail and we will establish freedom and liberty for all.
My message is to have hope. Don’t let the lies and deceits of those whose desires are to weaken this Nation and its people cause you to relinquish that hope and belief in the success of this Nation. The American dream lives in the hearts of every freedom loving American. Be strong and let your voice be heard. Stand up for freedom and don’t be afraid of what lies ahead. We will be victorious, we will prevail, for those who are with us are greater than those who are against us.

No comments: